Catching up on projects…

Here are photos of projects that have been completed over the last couple of months.

First, I found this vintage shelf at the thrift store for $4.94. I decoupaged four different patterned sheets of wrapping paper on it using wallpaper paste. Then, I chalk painted over it in white. To give it a time worn appearance, I sanded it roughly to expose all the layers. Finally, a glaze was added to protect the surface. Oh, and I’d been carrying around an old glass doorknob for years. It now has a home under the bottom shelf.

Next, I had an old mirror. I have enough mirrors. Too many mirrors! So, I’ve been painting on mirrors and making them into chalkboards. I wanted to do something different. What if I just drew on one? I took sharpies and created a simple drawing titled, “Ideas in Bloom.” When I get tired of it, I can clean it off and make a new drawing!


Finally, I had a bunch of old linens. Stained and tattered they were. What to do with those? I present “Zombie Love Monsters”. They each have individual names. I gave them buns with butt tattoos (my signature). FullSizeRender[5]

With the bits & pieces left over (I hate to waste anything!) I made DreamHeart Pins. Okay there’s one StoryHeart in there too. That was for a special friend.


I am experimenting here using old tea bags. Yogi Tea has quotes on their papers as shown. The same technique used on the shelf above provided the surface for the tea bags. I want to improve on this. Each cup was painted differently. Experimentation folks!

I’m presently working on some new items…that will be posted as soon as they are complete. Phew! I’m caught up now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s